Friday, February 18, 2011

UCYC Day 3: Not ready to leave...





The weekend most definitely went by too fast. Without getting too personal, there were connections and relationships we found with some of the kids that we know we'll hold on to for quite some time. It was hard saying good bye to our new found friends, the wonderful staff, and our relaxing, luxurious cabin. I opened the ending session with a new piece, "Asthmatic." I actually love this piece, and it's one my best friends', Ally's, favorite. It was a blessing to do this piece in front of so many people who I had grown to know and love over the short course of three days. After the session, it was time to say our goodbyes. Saying goodbye to some of the kids was definitely hard, and we tried to prolong our departure as long as possible. We had one last lunch with the camp staff, and then headed back on the road to Orange County. This weekend was phenomenal. It's times like these where I wish I were more liberal with my emotions on the world wide web, so that I could give this past weekend justice. If you'd like to hear any of these more intimate stories, never hesitate to ask me personally, shoot me an email perhaps. To say the very least, it was a life-changing experience. Being on the road with Nathan and Danny, bringing spoken word to a world where many had never heard of it, and meeting new rad people and making new friends was most certainly an experience of a lifetime. Thank you UCYC, the boys of Spit in the Mud, and Trey, our biggest fan by far :) In the pictures you'll see a group photo of the band, sound and stage crew, camp directors, speaker, and Spit in the Mud, as well as a shot of da boyz muggin hard, and a final SITM picture that I shall soon frame and put on my mantle. Stay tuned at www.SpitInTheMud.com for upcoming photos and videos from the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment