Saturday, May 28, 2011

Embark.


75% of my wardrobe: donated. 60% of my books: stored. 100% of my furniture: sold. A week ago, I fit my life into the back of my car, with room to see out the rearview mirror, as I hit the road to drive to Prescott, Arizona, my new home for the foreseeable future. I said from the beginning that this blog would merely be a creative resume, talking of poetry events to come and poetry events passed, and never any disclosure that is too personal, as I like to keep that reserved for myself, my close friends, and the blank canvases of my notebooks. So, I will just leave my journey at that for now. I will say though that the road to get here has been incredible, and my journey into the unknown has me squealing with excitement like a little girl. Experiencing the world of poetry in California has been the time of my life, but now it’s time to take it across state lines. Let’s see if Arizona is ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment