Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recently, this year...

Recently, a friend of mine asked me if I thought it was possible to blog consistently about all past and upcoming events. At the time I said yes, but now I have realized I completely lied. 'Tis impossible a task. Thirteen days into the new year, and there have been so many amazing shows I've been privileged to be a part of, new artists and poets I'm so glad to have met, and exciting events coming up in the near future. Of course, that will be on top of finishing college, having three jobs, and maintaining a personal life :) I wouldn't have it any other way.
Recently, I was able to spit in Boedekker Park in San Francisco (my hometown, what what!) alongside Calvary Street, at Lifehouse Covenant (also in SF), Sunnyvale Art Gallery's "The Canvas" (alongside my friend Nathan), Cal State Fullerton's marketing seminar, and a night of music and poetry at the M Bar in Los Angeles, hosted by BA poet, David Romero. David's also hosting a night of poetry at the end of this month that I'm excited to headline along with def Jam poet Paul Mabon, and poetic beast Matt Sedillo. There's much to come, so stay tuned. 2011 is looking to be quite the adventure.





Photos by Justin Duke Floro & Ally Novell

No comments:

Post a Comment